The market’s shelves were packed with every kind of food staple a small town north Georgia cook would need for an authentic southern meal. Just a stone’s throw from the bustling railroad station, the market was likely first stop for many arriving in Cornelia. The store was closed in the early 1950’s, that signaled the end of one chapter, but it was just the beginning of the story.
Bradley & Sherry Cook took over from the Vinson’s and continued in their footsteps. They successfully operated Fenders for many years. During that time they expanded the hours, the menu, and the business as they added a catering operation and event facility.